Today I want to talk about presentation skills. So what makes a good presentation? What makes you a good presenter? Good presentation skills come in handy as soon as you need to present to someone – it could be an idea to someone or delivering an entire workshop. So here are a few insights.
Factors of success
- Personal Appearance
- Target orientated presenting (using the right examples, going into depth, pointing out benefits)
- Structure of a presentation
- And all of that sits on a good preparation.
Questions to ask yourself before presenting
- Who are you talking to? – be very clear who you are presenting to
- What is your objective?
- What is your task?
- What is your overall message?
Presenting target orientated
- Talk to your audience
- Give new information, nobody want to hear well-known things
- Use appropriate language
- Explore the audience before preparing the presentation
- Facial expressions
- Eye Contact
- Presence in the room
Structure of a presentation
- Say what you want to say
- Say it so that the audience understands it
- Say what you said
Handling stage fright
- Good preparation and planning
- Rehearse loudly
- Breath deeply in and out
- Think your audience smaller than yourself
- Imagine the time after the presentation
- Bring supporters
- Find your balance
- Remember: The audience wants to hear what you have to say
- Believe in yourself
There is much more but these are a few things to consider when you want to improve your presentation skills.
Your marketing and creative start-up Coach