Do you want to start-up your own business but don’t know what?
Here is an exercise that you can do:
- Get a big piece of paper
- Write down all your skills on one side. And I mean all kind of soft skills but also hard skills. Think about what you are good at in your personal life but also in your professional life. What would friends and family say you are good at? What software can you work with etc.?
- Write down everything that you love doing on the other side of the paper. This can be, again, things you love doing in your personal life such as taking a bath, walking dogs etc. or things that you like doing in your job.
- Then start combining one thing that you are good at with one thing that you love doing. See what you can come up with to make a business out of combining these two things.
- You will see there are will be lots of ideas coming to your mind.
- When you have a collection of your ideas, start investigating which one will really make a good business. Have a look at my market and competitor research template to help you with your idea validation.
Your marketing and creative start-up Coach